1.09.2013

Tornado in January!

I couldn't hardly believe it either.
It was so early in the morning. Hubby and I were awakened by one of the kids yelling for us. We were walking around a little dazed and confused. He was cleaning up what appeared to be an egg mess from the kitchen floor so I could get in there and get to our lifeline of meds. Nearly all of the kids were clinging to us... crying, whining, complaining.
I just stood there looking around. Finally I realized that the tornado had only struck our house...
the inside of it!
The piles of clean laundry, that have been there for days. The piles of dirty laundry that keep growing.
I don't think we have a clean dish in the house.
There is even trash in the midst of the blankets laying all over the living room...
empty gatorade bottles, sticky pedialyte popsicle wrappers, the paper towel roll that the puppy chewed up.
*SIGH*
It all just happened so fast.
On Saturday Davis said he didn't feel good.
Sunday he had a fever. AND Amelleah started digging at ears and obviously not feeling well.
Monday we spent the morning at the clinic.
Positive Influenza. AND double ear infection. Off to the pharmacy!
Our pharmacy (that has a drive thru) was out of the pediatric doses of tamiflu. So I had to go INTO another store to get the meds for the 3 youngest. And then I figured out that we didn't have anything for Sydni. 
Ahhhh.... you can see how the rest of the day went.
By the end of Monday Andrew and Amelleah had fevers and didn't feel good.
Yesterday the Hubby had a horrible day at work. He was delivering a few hours away after an overnighter, feeling terrible. Lincoln and I joined the list by last night.
At this point I think Sydni is a walking miracle.
She is currently at school. Not one symptom of anything other than impending puberty and teenage years.
*BIG SIGH*


I don't feel good and I want my Mommy!
If we survive the flu, we might be consumed by the house!
Just when I'm feeling sorry for myself (a few minutes ago) there was a knock at the door. An angel bearing movies appeared!
Maybe there is hope!

Oh yeah, and the Puppy learned how to climb over the baby gate that was keeping her in the dining room when needed. If it wasn't so cute and funny I'd be mad about it.







No comments: