1.02.2013

2013

Seriously?! 2013... TWO thousand THIRTEEN!!
I was born in the 70's... that seems like a loooong time ago.
I "graduated" high school in the 90's... that still seems like such a long time ago. (and by "graduated" I mean, I finally got sick of changing high schools so when  I turned 17 I took the California High School Proficiency Exam. It's serves the same purpose as a GED but you have to be 18 years old to get a GED)
I got married in 2000... which is still quite awhile ago!
First baby in 2001... last baby in 2010.
And here we are... 2013! Just like that.
With so many milestones that seem to be SO long ago, there are also a lot of memories that seem like they happened just yesterday. It is crazy how time flies and yet stands still at the same time.

If you are my 3 1/2 year old son, EVERYTHING either happened yesterday or is going to happen tomorrow.

For Andrew, EVERYTHING 
TAKES 
FOREVER!

If you have a pre-teen (or possibly older?! oh please let it be a stage!) in your house then you know that they usually could care less what time it is.

And then there is that 10 year old boy of mine... he OBVIOUSLY inherited some serious genes from my dad and I. He is a planner. He knows what time it is. He knows what day it is. He knows what is happening on certain days and he wants to know the PLAN for everything! He is also the most sentimental kid and the one who frequently tells "remember when" stories or says things like he said last week. He and I were standing next to our truck (really just a big SUV) and he was looking at the tire. He says "WHOA! One of those rocks could be from Wyoming!" He's right! We had been to Wyoming for Thanksgiving.

Even newborns have a sense of time. They thrive on routine.

In Momtime a lot of days last forever! 
In Wifetime most days aren't long enough! 
In Friendtime there is never enough time!


 So a new year is fully underway (including loads of laundry and dishes, vacuuming, wiping a kid's butt, cleaning up puppy training accidents) and I can't help but think about times past and times to come, probably like most of you. With my Biblical worldview filter in place, all I can think about regarding this present time is how miniscule my little life (of hopefully 80-ish years) really is. On the timeline of all of history, my little spec on it cannot be that important.
Or can it?!

Happy New Year!
How will you spend the time God has given you?

No comments: