1.26.2011

Finally we are getting somewhere!

Yesterday Miles and I met with a wonderful psychologist that a friend recommended for Andrew. She was very encouraging! And she thinks he has enough traits of autism to warrant formal evaluations! So the process has begun... it starts with us (me) filling out A LOT of history and questionaires about behavior, development, and tendencies. A lot of which is from his first year and his first three years!! I have to get his baby book out to remember certain things... mommy brain is in full swing these days!!!
We have 3 wks worth of appointments set up, including observation/evaluation time with Andrew... She is even going to his preschool to observe him!!! I am so relieved to finally be on a path that looks like it will lead to some help and resources for us/him to make his life as successful as possible!
Wheww.... I feel like I am finally able to take a deep breath about the whole thing :)

No comments: