10.25.2010

2 years???!!!

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my mom's death.

Some days it seems like yesterday and other days it seems SOOOO long ago. Today has been a mixture of both. I had an OB appointment today so of course I wanted to call her, something that still happens pretty frequently. It's been just so hard to adjust not being able to call her. My whole life I have always been able to call her whenever I wanted.

I miss her. All of her. The fun, silly, obnoxious friend (dont' know where I get that). The serious, in your face Mom. The oversensitive, annoying lady. The over bearing grandma who loved her grandbabies more than anything... this one is probably the hardest for me right now. It's hard to see my babies miss their Mimi so much. And soon there will be a second baby she never got to meet... two kids with no pictures with their Mimi. It just doesn't seem fair during times like this. I pray that I've done a good job of taking pictures and making albums so they will have the opportunity to know her the best they can.
The last time I got to say goodbye in person and give her a hug.The beautiful day that we had a memorial service for her in Newport/Balboa.The harbor cruise was one of her favorite things to do, so that's what we did...We even went out past the jetty and saw the sea lions. This was the poem we handed out to everyone that had a picture of my mom on it. I found this poem in her stuff a couple days after she died. I posted this 2 yrs ago, but here it is again.
I AM FREE
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path God has laid you see.
I took His hand when I heard Him call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day.
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found that peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss.
O yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much.
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief.
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to Thee.
God wanted me now; He set me free! Author Unknown
I love and miss you Mom!

No comments: