8.24.2010

1st day of school

They are off to 3rd Grade, 2nd Grade, and Preschool!!

Andrew doesn't have to wear a uniform yet, that process will be interesting next year!

At the school with friends!

Davis and his buddy since Kindergarten... still in the same class! They were both pretty excited.

After school, one of the first kids out... he ran to the van...
And had a lot to talk about!!

Finally... here she comes!
The older 2 had great first days and lots to talk about AND homework!! They both got the teachers they were hoping for but did miss having some friends in their classes.
So I totally forgot the camera the next day when Andrew had his "real" first day of school.... I know, I know... terrible Mommy!!!
When I picked up Andrew after his first day I asked him "What did you do at school?" His first response was of course "nothing", then he said "I just waited." I asked, "waited for what?"
"I just waited until it was time to go home."
:(
In preschool the kids only go every other day the first week. So today started the everyday schedule. He is having trouble with transitioning at the beginning of class, which is what we had expected. He doesn't talk or particpate at first. I just hope it gets better, easier for him. My heart just breaks in the morning as I watch him struggle with such anxiety.
I haven't figured out what the deal is AFTER school for Andrew. I suppose it's still a lot of anxiety with transitioning, leaving school. He is very edgey, frustrated, almost angry.
That is lasting for a couple hours!
It's a "transition" for all of us!





1 comment:

LAA and Family said...

What a great post! It sounds like the first day of school was a success. You have a lovely family and a lovely blog. I look forward to following. Thank you for your comment on my blog recently. I'm getting ready to answer a question you had on the comments section of that post (sorry it took me so long!). Public schools start tomorrow in our county tomorrow.