7.30.2008

Summer is almost gone...

As we have been getting ready for Sydni and Davis to go to school it seems that summer is almost over. The kids are enrolled, supplies are bought, uniforms are waiting to be washed, and new shoes will soon be broken in... school starts August 14th. What will Andrew and Mommy do all day? That is a good question!

The last couple of weeks we have been enjoying the summer. We've been to the zoo a couple of times, the park several times, and not nearly enough time spent riding bikes. Grandpa Bud and Grandma MaryLee were here for a few days and I think we wore them out, but we all had a blast and I'm sure Chuck E. Cheese's will be able to stay in business now.

We are thankful that our air conditioner has been able to keep up with the heat and humidity. It seems like it's been hard to even turn it off the last couple of weeks. I think the humidity will take us more than one season to get used to, if at all. None of us like it at all! It has also been challenging living in a neighborhood that comes alive about 8pm and doesn't quit until about 4am. Thankfully nothing threatening has gone on this summer, just lots of people and lots of loud music.

Well the last week or so I think I am beginning to turn the corner away from being sick. I am about 12wks pregnant now and looking forward to some kind of normalcy. I'm glad the kids were able to survive on cereal and McDonalds as long as they did! I have been feeling pretty good otherwise. I think the pregnancy has increased my fatigue so we've been working around that too. Miles is so gracious in helping out and allowing me the time for naps when his schedule allows it. It's amazing that God knew He'd have to let us forget the so called negative things of pregnancy so we'd do it all over again. And the pregnant brain thing... Miles is REALLY gracious is this aspect, he's knows not to argue over stupid things that I may or may not remember or forget...haha! I can't imagine being in his shoes for these 9+ months!
Well, here is a picture that I know all the Grandma's (and maybe others) are waiting for...

No comments: