5.05.2012

"Hello?............ Helllllooooo???????"

Hi!
I cannot believe it has been almost 6 months since my last post.... wow! I really am sorry! Although I keep up with most of you via Facebook or phone, this blog has a few special viewers that are only updated this way. So please except my apologies! Life has really be crazy.... and now that I'm typing, I'm wondering, "how am I going to bring them up to date?". I think I may write a summary/monthly post, then have another post of pictures. So let's try this...

October 2011 - My surgery went really well and the 6 wk recovery went really well too. The doctor said I had the biggest varicose veins he had ever seen... and let's just say, he's "experienced"! I felt SO much better even a couple days out. The constant pain in my legs has been gone since surgery, something no one had ever figured out before last year! We had a lot of help and I got a lot of rest. It was a long 6 weeks, I can't lie. At first it was nice to be able rest, then I got bored & stir crazy, but the holidays helped! Since then I've gotten a cyst on my only ovary and it doesn't appear that the ovary is even functioning! (that could be a post in itself!) I've had a lot of menopause symptoms, especially the sweating... GROSS!! I'm currently trying to decide whether I should see the doc again and talk about hormones or just ride it out.
The 25th marked the 3 year anniversary of my mom's death. Horrible day!

November 2011- you saw that our baby girl turned 1!
Well, we also celebrated our 11th anniversay! And a great Thanksgiving. Miles had received a "turkey dinner box" from someone but kept it at the thrift store until the day before Thanksgiving. So we went to get it...while I thought Miles was loading stuff into the van I looked outside and saw him giving away our box to another family that frequents the thrift store and was in greater need than us. SO... we had a simple fixing kind of dinner the next day.

December 2011- Well, Christmas obviously... and 2 birthdays. (Lots of pics to follow on next post!) Christmas was really fun this year, since all kids were over 1 yr of age and they all got a bike!
Andrew turned 6 years old!
Davis turned 9 years old!

January 2012-a new year! Someone (Miles) got another year older!
The 8th year anniversary of my brother's death... it's amazing how much you can miss somebody that you haven't seen in so long!
I got an infection in my hysterectomy incision... kind of late and weird, but finally healed.
The two little ones were exposed to chicken pox!!!!!!!

February - Lincoln turned 3 years old! And I had a birthday too!
Davis got glasses.
Amelleah got Chickenpox!
We went to WinterJam!

March- Salyna had a wonderful Women's Retreat with church.
Lincoln started speech therapy after he began stuttering a couple of months earlier.
Our basement had a sewer backup... it was gross, but it could have been a lot worse. The main living room area and the 2 bedrooms (Syd & Linc) were damaged. We got to spend a nice night at a REALLY nice hotel!
I got to get away for a couple of days to Oklahoma with friends!
Amelleah has been having a horrible time with allergies... that turn into upper respiratory infections, which means breathing treatments every couple of weeks!

April-We participated in our first Passover meal (the whole family).
Davis started practicing with his old track team for the summer.
We layed carpet in the 2 basement bedrooms.
We had transmission issues (again!) with our big 12 passenger van so we traded in it for a mini-van. Which is great on gas mileage... we are still getting used to having a lot less space!
We are adding 2 bedrooms to the already finished basement! The wall framing went up the end of the month.

May-so far this month... Sydni & Davis went on their overnight field trip with school and they both had a blast. Sydni got a tick bite, so we'll be watching that.
Rough electrical work is finished in basement... waiting for inspection next week :)

Once I get pics uploaded to the computer, then I'll post them here!

No comments: