12.22.2008

"Come, adore on bended knee..."

"Angels We Have Heard on High" is one of my favorite Christmas songs and it seems that this year I cannot sing it without crying. It just really humbles me to remember how completely human Jesus was while still being completely divine. He chose to come to earth as a little baby, completely dependent on his earthly parents to care for him. And as he laid in a lowly manger shepherds knelt and worshipped this newborn king. How different a picture this is then the picture of the cross, where Jesus' mother most certainly fell to her knees. The cross was the whole reason he came to earth. As I adore Christ on bended knee this season, I am overflowing with so much emotion...joy, hope, sadness, love, anticipation, peace, thanksgiving... I am thankful that although the events in my present life here on earth are not always easy, I have the hope of spending eternity with Jesus where there will be no more tears. I know that nothing I go through isn't something Christ cannot understand or went through himself. So I kneel at the feet of Jesus...the tiny, newborn feet in the manger and the traveled, dying feet on the cross.

I pray that the joy and hope of Emmanuel, God with us, will be yours this Christmas and in the coming new year.
~Salyna

No comments: